Thursday, September 07, 2006

Commuter Writer

As of yesterday, I've started my life as a long distance commuter, from Abita Springs to New Orleans. So far, in two days I've averaged about an hour and twenty minutes one way. I'll be experimenting around to find out how to cut that time by leaving at different points in the morning and afternoon. I'm afraid the likely answer will be to leave very early in the morning. Goodbye sleep.

In the meantime, though, an hour long commute does give one time to think. I've had several "lines" pop into my head so far, but have had to memorize them so that I could write them down once I got to or from work. I have a small tape recorder that I'd like to start carrying with me so I can simply record my thoughts. Unfortunately, I loaned it to my son several months ago and getting it back, as in finding it, could be a problem. They aren't too expensive, though, so if I can't find this one I'll just have to buy another. I think it's a good way to take notes during such a drive. I'll let you know how it works. Maybe it's a good idea for some of you.

No comments: