Lemmy Kilmister has died. He was the frontman, bass player, and heart and soul of the band Motorhead. I won’t rehash his story. It’s easy enough to find on the net, especially since his death. What I will say is that I’m sorry to hear of his loss. His music was important to me. As I’ve often said, I don’t typically respect specific people, although I might respect certain behaviors that folks exhibit. Lemmy is probably about as close to a whole person I could respect as there exists out there. Death owes us all an apology for taking Lemmy. Here are my top five favorite Motorhead tunes.
5. Killed by Death: Something has to take you out. Might as well be death.
4. Ace of Spades: My introduction to the band.
3. In the Year of the Wolf: Remembering how we were when we were young.
2. Just Cos You got the Power: An anthem for the little man.
1. Deaf Forever: The best heroic fantasy song ever written.