Friday, March 26, 2021

The Lost Empire of Sol

I cut my teeth on Sword and Planet fiction, first reading the Barsoom stories of Edgar Rice Burroughs, and then the many tales by those ERB influenced, such as Gardner Fox, Alan Burt Akers (Ken Bulmer), and many others. I consider S & P to be the purest form of adventure fantasy, and I've always wanted to write my own tales in the genre.

The first publishable book I wrote was Sword and Planet. That was Swords of Talera. I wrote four others in that series, and I've also written some S & P short stories. I'd say that, in general, I've never had more fun writing anything than writing this kind of tale.

A few years back, author Scott Oden had an idea for a shared world S & P anthology set in the era of the "Lost Empire of Sol." A number of writers got a chance to choose a world of our solar system to tell a story in this connected universe. I got my choice in early, and I picked Mars! What else would I have chosen?


That book is now available for preorder at this link. This is a kindle version but there are plans for a print edition as well. I'm very excited to be part of this collection with my story, "A Sand Ship of Mars." I'm looking forward soon to reading all the other tales. 

5 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like a fun project! Hopefully it'll be wildly popular and you'll get to do another one every year. :)

Angie

Rick Robinson said...

Very cool, I’ll be picking this one up.

Charles Gramlich said...

Angie, that would be wonderful

Rick, thanks, man

Angel charls said...

In order to access the right products and facilities, the customer must first choose the correct country or region, since certain local content is not accessible in all countries. Furthermore, several users have attempted to change the country associated with their Google Play Store account, but others have been unsuccessful. As a result, users may use the solutions outlined in this article to assist them with the country change process. Users who are searching for guidance about How to Change Country/Region in Google Play Store should use the information given here or contact Google support for help handling Google Play services via Google Telefoonnummer.

Unknown said...

Angie, that would be cool

Rick Robinson, thanks, man