Sunday, May 06, 2018

Rope and Wire, and Lane Gabriel

I've joined an online western community called Rope and Wire, which is the brain child of Scott Gese. There's a tremendous amount to explore and so far I've just scratched the surface. Generally, it provides a place where western authors can find support and support each other. Lots of good stories are already posted there, although, as I say, I've only been able to read a few so far.

My first story accepted for the site went up yesterday (Saturday). It's called "Gun Law" and features a character named Lane Gabriel. I created Gabriel all the way back in 2013 and wrote three partial stories about him. Life intervened and I never finished any of them. Then I moved on to other projects, but I've remembered the character.

When I became aware of Rope and Wire, I decided I wanted to submit something to them. I went back to the Lane Gabriel stories and found one that I could whip into shape as a complete tale. If you read it, you can see that the "end" could easily be expanded on, and I may do that over time.

If you check out my story, you'll find it written under the name Tyler Boone, which is what I've decided to publish all my westerns under from now on. Anyway, if you'd like to read "Gun Law," you can find it here.

Thanks as always for the support!


12 comments:

Cloudia said...

Your production and scope always impress and inspire me, Charles

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool there is a community for western writers.

Charles Gramlich said...

CLoudia, *blush*

Alex, definitely

Angie said...

Good writing, as always. I definitely want to see more past the ending, though. Come on, dude, you've got bad guys' asses to kick! :)

Angie

Erik Donald France said...

Good beans, Charles ~ and black coffee. Yes, room for more but excellent to where it is, for sure.

Weirdly, a book I'd sent to my father five years ago came the long way back (it never reached him before he died) . . . a posthumously published Zane Gray book called 'George Washington Frontiersman.' A sure sign that I've got to read it myself now.

Charles Gramlich said...

Angie, that's the hard part. :)

Erik, wow, kinda weird. Tells us what you think of it

sage said...

Sounds like a site I should check out. Do they have a place for non-fiction?

I am mostly now posting and blogging here: www.thepulpitandthepen.com

Charles Gramlich said...

sage, They do have some nonfiction stuff. I haven't really checked it out

^.^ said...

Heya, friend Gramlich ... long time no see ... but never forgotten ... how is Spring treating you so far? ... Got your motorbike out and running? ... Me will go see son Paul and daughter in law Leanne and cat Benny on Vancouver Island shortly ... they are returning from a 7 months North American trip by van and motor bike and returned to Canada April 30 ... here is there Instagram address in case you are interested to see: @paulleanneandavan ... (just high light address and should show up in the google search engine ... Anyway, just sayin, k? ... Love, cat.

Oscar Case said...

Enjoyed the story, Charles, which could easily become a novel series. Rope and Wire is a great site which I haven't visited much lately, but I visited just the other day. They published my first short story a few years ago.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cat, I took a pretty long absence from the blogs. Am getting back into it a bit slowly now that my schedule has slowed down.

Oscar, cool. Didn't know you had a story there. I'll have to check it out

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Perhaps we'll go for a spin
in Seventh-Heaven someday.
God bless your indelible soul.
No, bro, I aint saying Im better...
yet, I know Jesus personally now.
Have yoo made that comitment?
God bless your indelible soul.