Thursday, June 23, 2016

Red Book: New Story Up

Flash Fiction Press has published one of my tales today. It's called "Red Book," and is both short and free to read. I hope you'll check it out. And if you like it, leave a comment. 

This story will eventually appear in a collection I'm working on of Dream Stories, stories that I've written based either partially or wholly off of dreams I had. This one didn't come as a complete dream to me. I had to add some "before" and "after" information. I actually keep a 'story notes' file that has information in it about the pieces I write. Below is my entry for "Red Book."


Red Book: I was looking through my dream journal on March 23, 2016 and saw a dream I’d had about writing a book in the blood of my victims. Starting fiddling with a rough draft and the title just popped into my head. Finished the draft the first day and polished it a bit the next day but didn’t make too many changes.

As always, thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Creepy! Good stuff, Charles. :)

Angie

the walking man said...

Sucked me in again Charles.

Charles Gramlich said...

Angie, thankee

Mark, glad to hear it.

sage said...

Congratulations, Charles... You know, reading about your dreams I have had two "zombie" dreams in the last month--this is a new genre in dreams for me.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sage, I love a good scary or weird dream

Oscar Case said...

Vividly weird, Charles.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Gritty and creepy. Enjoyed your writing and your story, Charles.