Friday, June 24, 2016

More Stories at Dead Man's Tome

Is the phrase, "When it rains, it pours," only good for when negative things happen? Maybe not. Yesterday I had a flash fiction piece published at Flash Fiction Press. Today I have two more pieces published by an online magazine called Dead Man's Tome. I might have preferred having them published a little further apart but they don't ask my opinion on that kind of thing.

The link above is to the magazine itself. The direct links for the stories are
 "I See Your Night, and Raise You Hell."
 "The Boxer."

If you get a chance, I'd love for you to check them out. This is especially the case since how much money I make on the pieces will depend on how many comments I get on the site. So if it's not too much of a hassle, I'd appreciate it.

These stories are a flash fiction horror piece called "I See Your Night, and Raise You Hell." This is also one of my dream stories. In fact, the whole thing came to me in a dream almost exactly as it happens in the written version, with one exception, which I'll have tell folks about once they've read it. Otherwise it gives too much away.

The second story is a bit longer, called "The Boxer." I wrote this originally at a time when I was feeling very low. It expresses a certain painful outlook on life that I don't generally have, but which can overwhelm me when "it rains and pours" in the negative way.

The story "Red Book" is still up too, in case you'd like to have a look and haven't done so yet. It's off the main page of Flash Fiction Press. Here's the direct link.

As always, thanks for the support.




16 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I will check them out :)

Wishing you a great weekend :)

the walking man said...

Well summer seems to be shaping up at night for you--liked both the boxer and the clown.

Charles Gramlich said...

Optimistic, thanks. I appreciate your visit.

Mark, thankee, man. The Boxer is pretty new. The Clown is a couple of years old now. Strange how time flies by

sage said...

You seem to be on a roll... I will check them out.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sage, thanks, man

Angie said...

I tried commenting, but it's Wordpress and won't let me. :(

Good stuff. The twist at the end of the Boxer story was great, like a punch in the gut. :)

Angie

Charles Gramlich said...

Angie, I figured some folks might have that issue.

Vesper said...

Read them all, loved them all! Amazing job, as always, Charles.

Charles Gramlich said...

Vesper, thank you much.

Erik Donald France said...

Congratulations, dude, may it pour some more and then some.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Congratulations, Charles! Heading over there to read the stories.

Charles Gramlich said...

Erik, that would be nice

Prashant, I appreciate it!

David Cranmer said...

Keep 'em coming!

Charles Gramlich said...

David, it would be nice.

X. Dell said...

Well, let's hope it storms for awhile in the foreseeable future. I'll check them out soon and leave comments.

Charles Gramlich said...

X. Dell, thanks as always, man