Friday, July 13, 2007

Tagged!

I’ve been tagged by Donnetta and should I agree to accept my assignment I am supposed to tell you eight things about myself. I’m also supposed to post the rules here and tag eight other people. I’m going to tweak the rules a bit, something I do fairly well.

First, I’ll simply link you to Donnetta’s blog, as I did above, which lists the rules.

Second, I’m going to tag the same people Donnetta tagged, even though I don’t know all of them, and this means that if they accept Donnetta’s tag they will fulfill my tag as well.

Now, for the eight things about me.

1. I have at least 18 scars, ranging from about the size of a watch battery to one that is around twelve inches long and four across. These are from various things, but the worst ones are from two bad motorcycle wrecks.

2. I cut the tags out of my t-shirts because they bug me.

3. I once won a trophy in seed judging, back when I was in the 4-H as a kid. I still have the trophy.

4. I’m a Type A personality, which means I often multi-task, try to do everything quickly, and often feel as if I’m under time-pressure. However, Type A’s are supposed to be ambitious too and I don’t have that trait at all, unless it’s the ambition to be ignored by all powers that be so I can do my own thing.

5. I love cucumbers but they don’t love me.

6. The only sport I really care to watch is football, but I find myself watching it less as the “showboating” increases. Because I really, really hate showboating.

7. I can’t stand court shows like Judge Judy. I hold most reality TV judges in contempt and believe they need to be given a good spanking and taught some humility. They also need to be educated on the basics of treating people with dignity.

8. My favorite color is maroon.

9 comments:

Inside our hands, outside our hearts said...

Wonderful! Your answers made me smile.

Donnetta said...

Good going, Charles! Maroon, huh? Let me see, what would a psychologist say about that?
Donnetta

Steve Malley said...

Hm, a different 8 things from June 19th's answer.

Your character grows in depth and complexity...

Charles Gramlich said...

Inside, thanks, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Donnetta, depends on whether the psychologist is a Freudian, a Behaviorist, or some other subtype. Or maybe it has to do with certain experiences of my misspent youth.

Steve, I am a composite of parts. And thanks very much for your great review of "Swords" on Amazon. I much appreciated it.

the walking man said...

If you count slag burns and cuts from reaching into tight engine compartments, surgeries and various and sundry other assorted activities, I have about a hundred visible scars.

I think I am a type S personality...total slacker.

peace

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Hear! Hear! On #7. Hate reality tv.

Sidney said...

Judging seeds? Seems rather harsh, and you got an award? Did that mean you were the harshest judge of all?

Danny Tagalog said...

I'm with you on T-shirt tags - they really annoy!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Charles,

Couldn't agree more on thos stupid court shows. If I wanted to witness that kind of verbal abuse, I'd be dating. :) Also love maroon!