Sunday, May 28, 2006

Posting versus Not-Posting

I didn't post yesterday. When I started this blog I didn't plan to post every day. But I do want to keep up my momentum here as well as in writing.

I did manage my daily "paragraph" yesterday but didn't get any more actual writing done. I graded all those tests I mentioned a post or so ago, and I let myself catch up on a little sleep. I also started reading a book by Kate Wilhelm called Storyteller, which is subtitled "Writing lessons and more from 27 years of the Clarion Writers' Workshop." I never heard of Clarion until I was already an adult in graduate school. I would have loved to apply for something like that but the time never seemed available. Maybe they need to have a Clarion for older folks?

2 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

My thoughts, too. First I ever heard of Clarion was when Kathe Koja taught a class, and by then I was well on my way into messing up my own writing career without the help of teachers. Kidding, of course. But to be honest, most of my best criticism has come from fellow writers. Bloggers, even.

Charles Gramlich said...

Every once in a while I see an ad for some writer's retreat in Hawaii or something and I wish I had the money to go. But most of those retreats cost more than I make in a year from writing so I don't think they're very cost effective.