I give my students in the Writing in Psychology class a lot of quizzes. They work as motivators and also to keep information fresh in their minds. Here's the first half of one of the longer quizzes I give. I will post the second half and the answers in the next day or so.
1. The drug’s principle/principal ____________ effect/affect ________ was to lower blood pressure.
2. John willed his effects/affects ___________ to his horse.
3. I ___________, you ___________ (choose from imply/infer)
4. The patient’s affect/effect _________ was flattened.
5. The drugs affected/effected _______________ his balance.
6. Just between/among ________________ you and me….
7. Discuss Freudian and Jungian theories by comparing/contrasting ______________ their similarities.
8. Can you counsel/council __________ me on which classes to take?
9. I am confident/confidant _________ that I know the difference among/between ______ mammals, reptiles, and amphibians.
10. Covert/overt can be thought of as being “undercover” or out in the “open.” T. F.