11. I tell you that mammals bear live young. If I tell you that giraffes bear live young and you assume this means that giraffes are mammals, you have engaged in deductive/inductive ____________ reasoning.
12. A __________ is a false belief, a ________ is a false sensory impression, and a ________ is a distorted perception of a real physical event. Choose from among/between ___________ delusion/hallucination/illusion.
13. Be discreet/discrete ________ when talking to your professors about whether you read the textbook or not.
14. I hope the judge in my speeding ticket case is disinterested/uninterested _______________.
15. In our experiment, we used a food prompt to elicit/illicit hunger.
16. PhD students are expected to conduct exhaustive/exhausted ___________ reviews of the relevant research in their fields and be completely familiar with the extant/extent _____________ literature.
17. Pharmacologically speaking, amphetamine is classified as a stimulant/stimulus ______________.
18. That which you can call to mind rather easily when you try to is said to be in the subconscious/ unconscious ____________ mind while that which you cannot recall at all under normal circumstances is in your unconscious/subconscious ______________ mind.
19. Color is a qualitative/quantitative _____________ variable while height is a quantitative/qualitative ___________ variable.
20. The principal/principle _______________ investigator of the study is sick today.