Thursday, October 02, 2014

CONtraflow Con, 2014

This weekend I will be a guest at CONtraflow Con in Greater New Orleans. I've attended for several years now and always have a great time. Good to see old friends and make new ones. Below is my schedule, although it won't be quite accurate, as I'll explain: I can't be at the 2:00 Friday thing because I'll still be in classes. I've emailed about that, but I was late getting that email to them so I haven't heard back if it will be cancelled or moved. Completely my fault. The time has gotten away from me this year. I know that most of you aren't anywhere around here but if you are then this Con is a fairly low key one with lots of friendly faces and fun panels.

Friday, 10/3
The Truths of Self Publishing, 2pm, Panel Room 2

Opening Ceremonies/Meet the Guest Party, 4:30pm, Panel Room 1

Contraflow Cocktail Party, 9pm, Hospitality Suite

Saturday,10/4 Science Fiction Horror, 9pm, Panel Room 2

Sunday, 10/5
What Comes Next in Supernatural Fiction, 10am, Panel Room 3

The Pulp Writers, 2pm, Panel Room 5



-----
-----

15 comments:

Cloudia said...

Anyone ready to learn can gain much from your experience, C




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope it's another awesome event and they are able to move that one.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Sounds like fun. Have a great time.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cloudia, thankee!

Alex, yep, hoping so.

Patti, thank you.

Brian Miller said...

nice...have a great trip man...always cool to hang out with other writers and nawlins is a great spooky town too...smiles.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

One of these days I'd love to meet in person. Have fun.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Charles, I hope you have a good time and that you'll come back and write about your panel discussions, especially sf horror.

Ty said...

Sounds like a great time. Too bad about the 2pm Friday, but it happens. Does anyone put up any videos from the event?

Charles Gramlich said...

Brian, fortunately not much of a trip for me since I will be in New Orleans for work on Friday anyway. We live in ABita Springs, Louisiana, which is about an hour drive from N'awlins.

David J., that would indeed be cool.

Prashant, will do.

Ty, I don't know about videos. I'll have to ask.

Ron Scheer said...

Expecting a full report when you return.

Oscar Case said...

Not in to SF or Horror yet, but I'd attend the Cocktail Party if I was going to be in NO.

sage said...

Have a good weekend!

BernardL said...

Have a great time there, my friend.

Snowbrush said...

I hope you have a great time, Charles.

Charles Gramlich said...

Ron, will do.

Oscar, there was certainly lots of booze

Sage, thankee!

Bernard, mission accomplished.

Snowbrush, thanks, man