Monday, June 02, 2014

New Review of Swords of Talera

S E Lindberg has put up a detailed review of Swords of Talera, the first in the Talera series of Sword & Planet novels. I hope you can check it out.

As I mentioned to him in a comment, Swords of Talera was written when I was twenty-four, although it was polished up before it was printed in 2007. There was a pretty long gap between Swords and Wings over Talera, the second book, and another long gap before I wrote the third book, Witch of Talera. Swords is a bit more pure Sword & Planet, and very much an homage to ERB. The second and third books begin to bring in more Sword & Sorcery and horror elements, and the series gets progressively darker across the trilogy.



---
---



15 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

All right, Charles - cool, man ~!

Brian Miller said...

i am one book from completing the game of thrones series...and i will get right on these...

popping over to check out the review...

Cloudia said...

Always nice to get a thoughtful notice, Charles.

Perhaps GOT will bring attention to Talera.




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Charles Gramlich said...

Erik, thankee, man.

Brian, Lana has been watching the Game of Thrones show. I will eventually read the books myself although I haven't started them yet.

Cloudia, yes it is.

Angie said...

Hey, nice review! Congrats!

Angie

Charles Gramlich said...

Angie, yeah, I was happy for it.

BernardL said...

I noticed something, my friend. There are multiple Talera series offerings on Amazon, and the reviews do not show up on all of them. Great series.

Charles Gramlich said...

Bernard, I saw that and I'm not sure why. I should probably check with Amazon about it.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

That was a nice review of "Swords of Talera," Charles. I thought your poetic side touched every line I read over at Seth Lindberg's blog.

Charles Gramlich said...

Prashant, thanks. I appreciate it. I really like poetic prose and try hard to produce it.

Oscar Case said...

A fine review and I hope it encourages many people to pickup a copy for their library.

Tyhitia Green said...

A nice review, Charles. Congratulations! I can't wait to read them all myself.

Riot Kitty said...

Congrats, Charles! I didn't know you were so young when you wrote it. That's neat.

Charles Gramlich said...

Oscar, me too!

Tyhitia, thankee much!

Riot Kitty, I actually wrote my first novel when I was 18, but it will never see the light of day! :)

sage said...

If I understand this, as you age things are getting darker? Have you had your eyes checked? :)

Congratulations on the review of your earlier work!