Monday, April 06, 2020

Heroika Skirmishers

Quite a few years ago now I fell in love with the "Thieves World" anthology series. These were one of the very first "shared world" anthologies, in which different writers wrote tales in the same setting and had the characters interact with each other. A writer that really caught my attention from that series was Janet Morris, and I went on to read many books by her. She's one of my favorite fantasy authors.

A couple of years back, I got an opportunity to write a story for an anthology called Heroika Skirmishers, which was conceived by Janet Morris. This is the second in the Heroika series. The first was Dragon Eaters, and I've read and reviewed that one on Goodreads and Amazon. It was an excellent collection.

I was incredibly thrilled to be able to write a story for Ms. Morris and I'm happy with the tale that came out. It's called, "In the Season of Rust." The editor of the anthology, A. L. Butcher, is doing a series of short interviews with the authors in the book, and with their characters. I had fun with that, particularly for my character, who is named "Sheaugu." That interview has gone up now and you can find it here if you're interested. I hope you are.

If you'd like to see more about the book, you can find it on Amazon:


7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! What an honor to write for an anthology put together by one of your author heroes.

Unknown said...

I know. never dreamed it would happen when I first started

Jason M 'RBE' Waltz said...

Congrats, Charles! I'm excited by your excitement. One of my largest personal regrets is being unable to deliver on the invitation from Janet to contribute to DRAGON EATERS. My story remains half-written to this day.

Jeff said...

Congratulations! what a neat opportunity. -Sage

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

Angie said...

Cool interview, and congrats on the story. :)

Angie

Travis Cody said...

Hello Sir!

I felt the need to post today, and you have a cameo. At least, I think it's you.

Anyway, after posting I thought I would take a tour and see who might still be current. Hope this finds you and yours in good health.

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Jason, I understand. Dragon Eaters was a very nice collection.

Jeff, it was. Thanks much!

Angie, thank you!

Travis, good to hear from you man. Very cool. I still post on occasion but not too often.