Monday, March 19, 2018

Unsheathed

A new collection of Epic Fantasy is out from Hydra Publications called "Unsheathed." This contains a story by me called "Where All the Souls are Hollow." This is the second story that I've written about the character Krieg, who is kind of a mix of REH's Kull and Karl Wagner's Kane. I just found out this was published so I haven't read it yet, but I like the cover and the story titles look pretty interesting. Right now it's available on Kindle here:

There's a third story of Krieg that is completed but not yet sold. It's called "The Rotted Land." I'm currently working on a fourth story called "Lords of War." I've been really enjoying writing about this character, more than any other heroic fantasy character I've created. Each of these tales starts with a brief, few line poem. Here's the one for "Where All the Souls are Hollow."

Out of choking dust and black smoke
came a warrior with eyes
like broken blades.
Wherever he journeyed,
war followed.
None could say why.
The survivors called him Krieg.

11 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Huzzah! I dig the poem-intro, too !

Angie said...

Congrats! Awesome news! It's always fun to get a series character going. :)

Angie

Adventuresfantastic said...

Got it. Congratulations on the sale.

the walking man said...

The Poem reminded me of The Walking Dead/Rick. Well done again Charles you are producing a large legacy in your volume of work!

Charles Gramlich said...

Erik, thanks, man. I'm doing one like that for each of the stories.

Angie, yes, and I like this one a lot

Keith, thanks, man

Mark, I hope my son makes some money from it. :)

Cloudia said...

Mos impressive! Congrats and best wishes!

cocoya said...

Love the second one.
Genting Crown
Gclub

Shadow said...

How thrilling, your poetry i truly like *grin*

Oscar Case said...

Hey, hey, way to go, Charles! Congrats! Nice poem, too.

Riot Kitty said...

Congrats, that is fantastic!

Greg said...

Awesome intro poem!
"eyes / like broken blades" is a great descriptor.

- Greg