Friday, May 20, 2016

Harmland in Print


I originally did the ebook version of Harmland: dark tales, back in 2012. It was over 21,000 words but I didn’t feel—at the time—that was long enough for a print version. However, David Cranmer, over at Beat to a Pulp has shown what can be done with some really nice packaging at shorter lengths using a smaller size paperback format. I finally decided to go for it and Harmland is now available as a print book on Amazon for $6.99.

I used CreateSpace for the book and was a bit frustrated because they had changed everything since the last time I put up a book. I found the previous time very easy but this one was a pain. Still, Harlmand is up now, and while I’m not overly thrilled with the cover and cover fonts, I still think it’s pretty cool. I hope you’ll check it out.


This is a collection of noir and horror stories. Some of the contents are: "Whiskey, Guns, and Sin," "The Finest Cut," "The Grey Inside," "The Toad," and a modern Cthulhu Mythos tale called "The Vivarium."

Next up will be a print version of Killing Trail, my western collection. Coming soon.



10 comments:

Oscar Case said...

I like the dark cover, Charles. The Killing Trail was great as an ebook. Good luck on sales!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

That is a very intriguing cover indeed...

sage said...

Congratulations! I also like the cover.

Charles Gramlich said...

Oscar, thanks, man. I appreciate you liking Killing Trail.

Optimistic Existentialist, Thanks!

Sage, appreciate that.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Congratulations, Charles! If I'm not mistaken, you wrote a post or two on the cover of the ebook edition, didn't you? Good luck with the sales.

Charles Gramlich said...

Prashant, I did. the cover photo is from Lana, although I photoshopped the eyes in.

BernardL said...

Good collection of stories. I have it on Kindle. If you prefer a book, Harmland would be a great read in print.

Charles Gramlich said...

Bernard, thanks, man

Riot Kitty said...

The cover looks great! Congrats!

Charles Gramlich said...

Riot Kitty, thanks!