Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What Fresh Grading Hell is This

I've been pretty much of a recluse since Friday, grading, grading, grading. Final papers in my writing class, exams in all my other classes. That's why I've been out of touch. I finally got the senior grades turned in today and promptly had a nap. Taking an hour or two off this evening, although work will begin again tomorrow. By this coming weekend, however, I should have the majority of the school work behind me and can begin to think about living again, and perhaps even some--dare I say it--writing!

Speaking of writing, Wayne Dundee over at Dundee's Desk has a great review of Mage, Maze, Demon up. There are some other good reviews on the site as well. Check it out. And thanks to Wayne!

I'm hoping to get back to visiting some blogs in the next couple of days, and dealing with a lot of other things that have piled up while I was in grading hell. 

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just get through the week and then you can discover real life again.

Angie said...

Go Charles go! [waves pompoms for you] I hope you have something special in mind for a reward/break once you're finished. :)

Angie

Charles Gramlich said...

Alex, that's my plan

Angie, indeed!

Cloudia said...

Glad you are unchained from that rock Prometheus!

Riot Kitty said...

From what I understand from academic friends, grading hell is redundant! Good luck...

the walking man said...

Brother send me your writing class essays--I'll grade them on the Durfee curve and have them all back to you in 3 hours, 4 if you need comments. Of course the only codicil is I get to use the verbiage of my choice when commenting.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cloudia, lol.

Riot Kitty, pretty much true.

Mark, that scares me a little.

pattinase (abbott) said...

MY husband is enjoying his first year of not grading exams. So nice not to hear those groans coming from the next room.

sage said...

Just think, summer is almost here

Snowbrush said...

At least it'll be over soon, and if you don't get blown by any tornadoes, you'll surely enjoy your respite.

David Cranmer said...

Wayne is the best.

G. B. Miller said...

I remember those days well when my late father would be grading exam books. I actually saw what one of those looked like once. Once. Freaked me out a little.

Father Nature's Corner

Charles Gramlich said...

Patti, ahh, heaven

Sage, al...most....he....re

Snowbrush, let's hope

David, yep

G. B. papers are the worst

jodi said...

Charles-grading is teachers hell-they all say it! I can't believe you are expected to do it on weekends! Maybe some new ideas will come from all the frustration!

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

It's funny how things pile up so quickly. You get one thing out of the way and two new things replace it. I find it annoying.

Charles Gramlich said...

Jodi, weekends are the time most grading gets done, because I don't have classes or have students in my office.

Prashant, absolutely. Frustrating in the nth degree