Friday, March 18, 2016

Mage, Maze, Demon


Wow, it has been a tough three weeks. I’ve actually had no full days off since the beginning of March, including weekends. But finally we’ve made it to spring break. I’m off all next week and man am I looking forward to some sleep. And maybe some writing as well.

It was exciting that it was the last day of work before break today, but even more exciting was the publication of Mage, Maze, Demon, by David Cranmer’s Beat to a Pulp. This is book #3 in their Veridical Dreams series, which are tales inspired by the dream journals of Kyle J. Knapp. Being a fellow who keeps his own dream journal, I much enjoyed writing for this series.

The story is sword and sorcery, which, judging by the number of works I’ve written in that genre, is my favorite genre. I love to read it and write it. Although you could read the cover blurb for it on Amazon, I’ve copied it below.

Having narrowly survived a raging fire, the warrior, Bryle, finds himself caught in a labyrinth of treacherous caverns. It isn’t by accident. An eyeless sorcerer has summoned Bryle. He wants the barbarian to retrieve a talisman that will stop a demon of unfathomable power. To do so, Bryle must first face the challenges of the sorcerer’s maze: flooded tunnels, poisoned traps, and a monstrous beast that can heal its own wounds. The sorcerer promises the barbarian his freedom if he succeeds. But can Bryle trust the word of such a being? Can he trust anything other than the sword in his hand? 


Mage, Maze, Demon is only 99 cents on Amazon, so if you have a hankering for some Barbarian versus Mage versus Demon action, it’s affordable.

18 comments:

sage said...

I hope you get some rest this week. Congratulations on your new publication.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sage, thanks, man.

pattinase (abbott) said...

What a great cover. Congratulations!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Charles!
Now, enjoy your week of spring break.

Charles Gramlich said...

Patti, yes, I like it a lot.

Charles Gramlich said...

Alex, will do!

Jason E. Thummel said...

Congratulations on the release. Picked up a copy and am looking forward to reading it. I second that cover praise, by the way. It has a very "old school" style/vibe to it that really draws the eye and promises a rollicking good time.

Tony Brubaker said...

Charles, would you agree that When Pauline Hickey was 17 in 1985 she was THE most incredible bird of all-time ! ?.

G. B. Miller said...

It's schtuff like this that makes me want to make a Kindle my very next big-ticket item purchase this spring/summer. Well done sir.

Father Nature's Corner

Charles Gramlich said...

Jason E., hope you enjoy. David Cranmer over at Beat to a Pulp always puts out great covers.

Tony, I gotta say I was not familiar with her.

G. B., I do enjoy mine. Use it quite a lot.

RK Sterling said...

Congratulations - that great news! I just got my copy.
And I hope you get some rest soon. Am in the same boat myself. I don't even recall the last time I has a full day off (including weekends). And still not going to happen for the next 4-6 weeks. At least now I have a good new book for when it ends. :)

Oscar Case said...

Good luck with this, Charles.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Just bought it, Charles, and looking forward to reading it.

Greg said...

Sounds like a cool book. great last line in that blurb!

- Grge

Charles Gramlich said...

RK, long runs of work like that just drag me down. Hope you get some rest soon as well.

Oscar, yes, be nice for it to do well.

Prashant, I appreciate that. Hope you enjoy.

Greg, thankee. It does sound barbarianesque.

BernardL said...

Great cover. I'll most definitely check it out.

IL Dilettantte said...

How do I follow someone in blogger??

Charles Gramlich said...

Bernard, Yeah, I like it a lot.

Il dilettantte, I don't really know. I know a lot of folks have a little button you click on. I'll have to figure this out myself.