Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SCORN #4

I didn't intend for it to be a whole week between "Scorn Posts" but school is in session and I have been swamped with work. I'm also trying to jump start an older nonfiction project that I have and that has taken a lot of what little spare time I've had. Anyway, here's the next entry in my Scorn series below.


4. From inches away we lock gazes. The mirror and I. The glass fogs with our breaths but at least that means we are alive. Then one of us begins to scribe letters in the mist. I do not know which of us it is. I read an R E S O L… I hope for a moment that the scribe has simply left off the “V E.” But perhaps I am reading the word backward. 

-----
-----

20 comments:

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

That was really clever. Nice job!

BernardL said...

I like this mirror segment addition.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sean, thankee!

Bernard, I appreciate that.

Cloudia said...

Wrestling yourself to a draw?


Aloha

jodi said...

Charles, I love that! I hope the word proves to be 'resolve' cuz a loser you ain't!

Erik Donald France said...

A funny one :->

<~Ti skcor nam ~

(in reverse)

Charles Gramlich said...

Cloudia, The most likely outcome indeed.

Jodi, you're sweet. thanks.

Erik, two thumbs up!

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

True, very clever, Charles. Locking gazes with the mirror... not the first thing I Iike to do every morning. As a kid I used to write words backword and hold them in front of a mirror and read them correctly. It was fun.

ivan said...

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :)

Greg said...

Nice, well-written and great ending! Keep these coming, they are awesome. Maybe I missed you saying it but if not you should definitely compile them when you are done.

- Greg

Charles Gramlich said...

Prashant, we all love codes and stuff, especially as kids.

Ivan, is it you?

Greg, I need a few more. I've only got one other one written right now.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I like this.

pattinase (abbott) said...

HA!

X. Dell said...

I dunno. Are the letters reversed?

Contrary to what you've said in the past, I think you have a helluva sense of humor.

Charles Gramlich said...

Teresa, thanks. Much appreciated.

Patti, :)

X Dell, I see no reason to stand here and be insulted. (Star Trek reference in case you don't know.) :)

Riot Kitty said...

That *is* clever.

Charles Gramlich said...

Riot kitty, thankee!

Travis Cody said...

That made me smile. Very clever.

Snowbrush said...

We all have such days, I would wager.

laughingwolf said...

;)